You don’t get much better than this on a hot, sticky day! It’s got all the caffeinated perkiness of ceylon tea with that cool refreshing “aaaaaaah” moment all thanks to the fresh citrus slices and copious amounts of ice blocks…
So find a shady tree and a warm afternoon breeze and chill out with one of my favourite things to drink in the heat of Summer.
Summer Afternoon Iced Tea
8 Ceylon tea bags
Sweetened to your taste (I use about 4 Tbl xylitol)
2 cinnamon sticks
1 litre boiling water
2 litres cold water
Fresh mint leaves
– Slice up two of the lemons and two of the oranges. Reserving one lemon and one orange for it’s juice.
– Put the tea bags, sweetener of your choice, lemon & orange slices and cinnamon sticks into a large jug.
– Pour over the litre of boiling water and stir until the sweetener dissolves and the tea bags start to steep, then leave to cool.
– Meanwhile, squeeze the juice from the one lemon and one orange into the remaining two litres of cold water, and add the mint leaves.
– Once the hot tea mixture has cooled, using a sieve, pour the cooled tea into the two litres of cold water and stir well.
– Fish out the cinnamon sticks and citrus slices to add into the jug of iced tea and leave the tea in the fridge until it’s time to serve.
– Serve chilled over ice blocks with more fresh mint if desired.