I’ve been going Coocoocachoo for cashews lately.
Cashewchinos, cashew stirfries, cashew butter.
Cashew, cash-ew, ca-sh-eeeew. Say that word over and over…
Anyway, I digress (surprise, surprise)
I’ve been craving a good-old ooey gooey cheesecake, and with the abundance of granadillas and pomegranates we’ve had dripping off the bushes the last few months I’ve had no choice but to experiment with a nice dairy free version.
So here’s the no-bake, nutrient dense, happy fat version that is just begging to be drizzled with something fresh and seasonal in your area.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup unsalted mixed nuts (I use pecans, walnuts & macadamias)
- 1/4 cup desicated coconut
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight in the cup of coconut milk)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raw honey (or preferred sweetener)
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a food processor blitz the base ingredients until it forms a crumbly paste
- Line a pie dish with the base mixture, pressing flat and into the corners and smooth over with the back of a spoon
- Place in the fridge to let it start to set while you get on with the filling
- Blitz together all the filling ingredients until smooth
- Strain through some muslin cloth or a clean tea towel to get rid of any bits
- Pour over the chilled base and place in the fridge overnight to fully set, otherwise if you’re in a rush, in the freezer for a few hours
- Drizzle over preferred topping, in this case use fresh granadillas and scoop filling into a bowl and mix with a spoon to loosen it. Then drizzle over chilled cheesecake